Thursday 7 January 2010

My Birth Whisky

Today I ordered my Scotch whisky. It is a limited edition (229 bottles) Bowmore 21 year old Old Malt Cask Selection... distilled Summer 1987. It cost £100 (which by my standards is a lot), but I think it is worth it. I will explain why...

I have a big ageing complex. I have always hated the thought of getting old, and plan on never dieing (it is a possibility... in the next 60 years we could have the technology). Anyway... the whisky coincides with my birth, matured for 21 years, then shall stay the same, without changing. I will only drink it on special occasions, such as getting married, having children, etc. I will perhaps have some if I know the date of my 'death'. I will make sure it is never finished... that way, if I somehow do 'die', the bottle symbolising my life will not be finished.

... I should probably try and get over this complex and accept ageing and eventually death... but that is kind of giving up.

Update:
The whisky has now arrived. It is beautiful.. and still unopened.

1 comment:

  1. I too have the Peter Pan syndrome as you probably know.. Someone called me 25 last year and I started crying!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete