Friday 3 December 2010

Tonights Boxing Fight

Yesterday morning I found out that the guy I was meant to be fighting has been rushed to hospital with a kidney infection, so I won't be going against him after all. I was offered a new opponent, but it is someone that I haven't sparred with before, and his style would require me to be really fit, and keep moving a lot. I wouldn't usually turn him down, but I didn't want to accept it on the grounds that there is a good chance I would lose, but deep down I know that if I had more than a week to train for the fight I would win.

I have said I will be a stand-in, and I have brought my boots and gum shield in case somebody backs out last minute. I am hoping I don't have to fight, and can watch the event with a couple of ciders instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment