As Christmas is a busy time of the year I didn't have much time to blog about it. It seems a bit weird writing about it now, as it seems a distant memory, but I will nonetheless.
I decided to go back to my parents house on the 23rd December, and stay there until New Years Eve. I like Christmas a lot, and think it should be a family thing. On Christmas Eve I helped put the presents out, and was up until very late trying to set up a fuse-ball table (I thought it would be an easy task initially).
The highlights of Christmas include:
- Playing Cranium with Mom, Dad, and Melissa, where the punishment for losing was eating a horrible flavoured jelly bean. The highlight of that being my dads reaction to the vomit flavoured one.
- Sledging with my Mom and nephews on Christmas Eve. We went to the highest part of the hill, higher than the high school kids were going. It was so steep that it would literally take 30 seconds to get each meter higher. Then going down the hill, hitting a ditch and getting about a foot of air. Very painful.
- Christmas morning. Always amazing, especially Ellie's face when she saw all the presents. Babies are usually overwhelmed and can't take it all in, yet she unwrapped all her presents and looked equally ecstatic with every single one.
- Spending pretty much three days solid playing Fallout New Vegas (thank you for your patience Melissa, Logan, Sam, and Charlie).
- All of the hot turkey and stuffing sandwiches.
- Getting all my amazing presents, including a steel drum from Melissa.