Thursday 13 October 2011

My Third Boxing Fight

Back in July I had my third boxing fight. I wrote a post just before saying I was quite confident. I was. Despite not having much chance to train, I felt like I had improved a lot from my last fight, and a huge amount from my first fight. Regardless, on the night things didn't quite go my way.


I fought at the Burlington Hotel in Birmingham. It was an event put on for charity, by one of Birminghams law firms. Most of the fights involved one of the many boxers that work there (it must be a job that leads to a lot of anger).


When I came out (they cut the start off my music which really pissed me off) I was boo'd, a lot. It was more of a pantomime situation, as it happened in all fights. Every time I hit him I was boo'd, and every time he hit me he was cheered. I started enjoying the boo's, as it meant I was doing something right. I had no support there as tickets cost £100 each.


Personally, I think the scoring was questionable, but regardless, for some reason I fought again without raising my hands. For some reason I feel a lot more relaxed when my hands are low. It makes me feel like I can slip punches easier, but it means I get hit a lot more, which attributed to him winning it 30 - 25.


Here is a video and pictures:








You can see the full, uncut (apart from the entrances) fight here.

No comments:

Post a Comment